The DSL Assessment Council guides assessment activities across the Division of Student Life. The responsibility of the members are to keep the council informed of current/upcoming assessment projects within their area and share data from their area.
This committee is a part of the Division of Student Life’s commitment to creating a culture of assessment in the Division. The Assessment Council’s primary charge is to:
- Coordinate assessment activities across the Division.
- Plan and implement assessment professional development opportunities.
- Share assessment and improvement efforts through the Division all staff meeting, On Common Ground.
- Celebrate Division assessment successes.
- Provide data and assessment summaries for the University of Iowa accreditation process.
- Staff in the Assessment, Improvement, and Research office
- Assessment Coordinators from: Fraternity and Sorority Life, Human Resources, Iowa Memorial Union, Leadership, Service, and Civic Engagement, Multicultural and International Student Support and Engagement, Rape Victim Advocacy Program, Recreational Services, Student Accountability, Student Care and Assistance, Student Disability Services, Student Engagement and Campus Programs, Student Health, Student Wellness, Student Legal Services, Student Life Communications, University Counseling Service, University Housing and Dining, and the Women’s Resource and Action Center
- Identified assessment champions in the Division
- The Assessment Council meets three times during the academic year