Student Life Assessment, Improvement, and Research (AIR) provides assessment consultations to support staff in the Division. Individual and group consultations are available across all aspects of the assessment cycle:
- Assessment planning
- Outlining goals
- Developing learning outcomes
- Developing assessment measures
- Analyzing data
- Communicating assessment results
- Using assessment results to make decisions
How to prepare for a consultation:
- Narrow down the question that you would like to answer.
- What is my program/service supposed to accomplish?
- What do I want students to be able to do and/or know as a result of this program/service?
- How well are we doing it?
- How do we know?
- How do we use the information to improve or celebrate success?
- Do the improvements we make work?
- Identify the program/service/etc. you would like to improve.
- What is the history of the program/service being assessed?
- What is the program/service supposed to accomplish?
- What assessment is currently being conducted?
- Determine your timeline for implementation.
- Remember: We're here to help!