About the Division of Student Life
The Division of Student Life fosters student success by creating and promoting inclusive educationally purposeful services and activities within and beyond the classroom.
- Establish Iowa as a national leader in student engagement and holistic well-being
practices that promote student success
- Lead boldly in diversity, equity, and inclusion by developing and engaging in programs
and initiatives that educate and hold staff and students accountable to grow, learn, and
- Create a cohesive student experience to support individual and community success
- Expand our effectiveness through staff support, resource growth, productive relationships and
- Collaboration: We invest time and energy into partnering for the greater good of student success. You are our partner.
- Equity: We provide communities where individuals of all identities are believed, cared for and empowered. You are welcome here.
- Integrity: We are honest, reliable and extend goodwill to others. You can count on us.
- Leadership: We are a catalyst for forward action, even when it is unpopular. You inspire us.
- Learning: We use assessment, critique, reflection, and research as tools for improvement. You make us better.
- Respect: We recognize and value the views and dignity of each person, even when we disagree. You are valuable.
Student success is at the core of everything we do in the Division of Student Life.Learn More