About the Division of Student Life
The Division of Student Life fosters student success by creating and promoting inclusive educationally purposeful services and activities within and beyond the classroom.
- Establish Iowa as a national leader in student engagement and holistic well-being
practices that promote student success
- Lead boldly in diversity, equity, and inclusion by developing and engaging in programs
and initiatives that educate and hold staff and students accountable to grow, learn, and
- Create a cohesive student experience to support individual and community success
- Expand our effectiveness through staff support, resource growth, productive relationships and
- Collaboration: We invest time and energy into partnering for the greater good of student success. You are our partner.
- Equity: We provide communities where individuals of all identities are believed, cared for and empowered. You are welcome here.
- Integrity: We are honest, reliable and extend goodwill to others. You can count on us.
- Leadership: We are a catalyst for forward action, even when it is unpopular. You inspire us.
- Learning: We use assessment, critique, reflection, and research as tools for improvement. You make us better.
- Respect: We recognize and value the views and dignity of each person, even when we disagree. You are valuable.