Madeline Huntley is a senior from Waukee, Iowa majoring in Marketing and Journalism.
What is your favorite memory from the University of Iowa?
- My favorite memory from the University of Iowa was actually prior to my first day of class. It was the day I told my family I was attending Iowa. It is my favorite memory because at the time I had no clue the amazing people and experiences I was going to endure through the next four years. As I start to consider the next steps in my life and career, I hold on to this memory because it reminds me I may not be able to predict the future, but good things are coming.
What would like to see changed in the world during your lifetime?
- One important thing I learned over the last four years was the value of an individual person. Each person on this campus brings a new perspective to the table. We all come from different backgrounds and experiences, and I don't think that is valued enough. One way I would love to see this changed during my lifetime would be encouraging people to listen with the goal of listening and not to respond.
If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?
- I would absolutely choose teleportation. There is so much in the world to see and experience, and what would be better than popping over to Greece for the weekend to see the birthplace of the Olympic games or even home to eat dinner with my family between homework assignments.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- I see myself sharing stories of people and places I have yet to discover. When choosing my major and starting my career, my goal has always been to share stories and give a voice to those who you wouldn't be heard otherwise. In 10 years, I see myself continuing to pursue this passion. I hope I have experienced cultures across the world and met people who inspire me to make the world a better place.
What is a fun fact that no one knows about you?
- My first Iowa football game was at the age of 6 months!
Iowa Homecoming is a week where the community comes together to celebrate Hawkeye pride. In 2021, as the Hawkeye community grows and evolves, our traditions continue to move forward. Join us once again as Iowa City turns black and gold and comes together to unite as Hawkeyes. On Iowa; Go Hawks! For more information on homecoming, visit https://homecoming.uiowa.edu.