Reimagining Campus Safety
Reimagining Campus Safety Implementation Team
The Reimagining Campus Safety Implementation Team is charged with taking action on the following recommendations of the Reimagining Campus Safety Action Committee (RSCAC):
- Providing non-law enforcement response options for mental health, basic needs, crisis intervention, and follow-up.
- Investing in holistic safety services, including mental health, case management, well-being, and basic needs.
- Creating a Presidential Campus Safety and Accountability Board that includes marginalized campus members and representatives of shared governance, as well as the broader UI community. The group will solicit ongoing feedback, identify metrics and measures of success, communicate concerns and recommendations, and be transparent in sharing information with the UI community.
- Collaborate with local public safety and community officials to align UI and surrounding community safety protocols in support of a holistic response approach
The implementation team also will develop metrics to report the progress being made on the recommendations and will outline how it will evaluate and continually improve policies, practices, and safety on campus, including developing and piloting sustainable models of listening to the campus community throughout the implementation process.
Implementation Team Members
- Angie Reams, Dean of Students (co-chair)
- Sara Sanders, Dean, CLAS (co-chair)*
- Teri Schnelle, Division of Student Life (project manager)*
- James Ankrum, College of Engineering*
- Rachel Maller, Graduate Student*
- Regan Smock, Undergraduate Student
- Tab Wiggins, Center for Diversity & Enrichment*
- Dr. Maria Bruno, Division of Student Life
- Mark Bullock, UI Department of Public Safety*
- Greg Thompson, Residence Education*
- Lew Montgomery, Finance & Operations
- Jill Endres, Co-Chair, Council on the Status of Women
*served on RCSAC
Learn more about RCSAC
Learn more about the Reimagining Campus Safety Action Committee (RCSAC), which was responsible for identifying strategies, tactics, and timelines for creating a campus community that supports the safety of all individuals, with particular attention to people who have traditionally experienced disproportionate harm from systems such as law enforcement, view this page.
Questions and contact
Contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Life (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Reimagining Campus Safety Action Committee
Committee chargeThe Reimagining Campus Safety Action Committee was responsible for identifying strategies, tactics, and timelines for creating a campus community that supports the safety of all individuals, with particular attention to people* who have traditionally experienced disproportionate harm from systems such as law enforcement.Learn More