Black & Goal’d Remix Tailgates
All students are welcome to attend a free, substance-free tailgate before most Hawkeye home games!
As a collaborative effort from many University campus partners, we extend this invitation to reduce negative consequences from substance use and for students to enjoy a safe, fun event. Each tailgate will occur three hours before home games and will have a variety of lawn games provided by Recreational Services, card and board games, music, and local Iowa City catered food!
Fall 2022 dates and location
Join us in the lawn space in between Slater Hall and the Pride Alliance Center on the below dates, three hours before the game:
- Saturday, September 3 vs. South Dakota State
- Saturday, September 10 vs. Iowa State
- Saturday, October 1 vs. Michigan
- Saturday, November 12 vs. Wisconsin
Student and staff/faculty members are invited to help volunteer at all of the events. Please follow the link to volunteer for a date and time.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Emma Welch at email@example.com or Karen Grajczyk-Haddad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Black & Goal’d Remix Tailgates Committee
- Kendal Arthur, University Housing & Dining
- Scarlet Davis, Center for Diversity & Enrichment
- Karen Grajczyk-Haddad, Student Wellness & Collegiate Recovery Program
- Anna Holbrook, Office of the Dean of Students
- Omar Mustafa, Undergraduate Student Government
- Heidi Schmitt, University Counseling Services & Collegiate Recovery Program
- Erin Sullivan, Recreation Services
- Emma Welch, Pride Alliance Center