Black & Goal’d Remix Tailgates
All students are welcome to attend a free, substance-free tailgate before most Hawkeye home games!
As a collaborative effort from many University campus partners, we extend this invitation to reduce negative consequences from substance use and for students to enjoy a safe, fun event. Each tailgate will occur three hours before home games and will have a variety of lawn games provided by Recreational Services, card and board games, music, and local Iowa City catered food!
Dates & Locations
Join us in the lawn space in between Slater Hall and the Pride Alliance Center on the below dates:
- Saturday, Sept. 4 from 11AM - 2:30PM (Labor Day Weekend)
- Saturday, Sept. 18 — 11AM - 2:30PM
- Saturday, Sept. 25 — 11:30AM - 2:30PM
- Saturday, Oct. 9 — 11:30AM - 2:30PM
- Saturday, Nov. 13 — 11:30AM - 2:30PM
- Saturday, Nov. 20 — 10AM - 1PM
Student and staff/faculty members are invited to help volunteer at all of the events. Please follow the link to volunteer for a date and time.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Emma Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Grajczyk-Haddad at email@example.com.
We appreciate the contributions from the following campus partners:
- Center for Diversity & Enrichment
- Late Night Programming, Office of Leadership & Engagement
- University College
Black & Goal’d Remix Tailgates Committee
- Kendal Arthur, University Housing & Dining
- Scarlet Davis, Center for Diversity & Enrichment
- Karen Grajczyk-Haddad, Student Wellness & Collegiate Recovery Program
- Anna Holbrook, Office of the Dean of Students
- Omar Mustafa, Undergraduate Student Government
- Heidi Schmitt, University Counseling Services & Collegiate Recovery Program
- Erin Sullivan, Recreation Services
- Emma Welch, Pride Alliance Center