Black & Goal’d Remix Tailgates and Grab & Go Stations
The Black & Goal'd Remix Tailgates and Grab & Go stations are ready to kick off another Hawkeye football season. We are excited to expand the tailgates to feature food and drinks for students, families, and the Hawkeye community at the grab & go stations.
As a collaborative effort from many University campus partners, we hope to foster connection between students and staff, reduce negative consequences from substance use in our community, and offer a safe, fun event. Each tailgate and grab & go station will begin three hours before the game begins and will have a variety of lawn games, music, and local Iowa City catered food!
Fall 2022 dates and location
Join us in the lawn space Northwest of Slater Hall near the Public Policy Center on the below dates, three hours before the game:
- Saturday, September 3 vs. South Dakota State
- Saturday, September 10 vs. Iowa State
- Saturday, October 1 vs. Michigan
- Saturday, November 12 vs. Wisconsin
Student and staff/faculty members are invited to help volunteer at all of the events. Please follow the link to volunteer for a date and time.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Emma Welch at email@example.com or Karen Grajczyk-Haddad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Black & Goal’d Remix Tailgates Committee
- Ahmed Baig, Undergraduate Student Government
- Ben Cooper, Undergraduate Student Government
- Mara Cheney, Alcohol Harm Reduction
- Blaire Thompson, University Housing & Dining
- Karen Grajczyk-Haddad, Student Wellness & Collegiate Recovery Program
- Heidi Schmitt, University Counseling Services & Collegiate Recovery Program
- Erin Sullivan, Recreation Services
- Paige Townley, Student Accountability
- Emma Welch, Pride Alliance Center