Rowing is a dynamic sport that fosters strengthening of the body and the mind in a supportive and team-oriented environment. At this camp participants will learn the basics of rowing, beginning work on the land on rowing machines, then moving into boats on the river. Throughout the process, participants will learn rowing terminology, boat handling, and how to work together as a team to make a boat move down the Iowa River!
- Please wear weather-appropriate athletic apparel, sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses.
- Bring a full water bottle.
- Due to the design of rowing equipment, each participant should be at least 5’0 tall and be able to carry a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Attendance each day is recommended.
- There are no refunds three days prior to the start of each session.
Fee: $180 per session
Questions should be directed to Assistant Coach, Amy Smith: Amy-Smithemail@example.com.
Date and Time:at 9:00 AM
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Amy Smith in advance at or firstname.lastname@example.org