Engaged Hawkeyes Week
Engaged Hawkeyes week is an opportunity for students to explore the many ways to be an involved student on campus! Getting involved on campus or in the community is the surest way to find your home away from home while at the University of Iowa.
Why get involved on campus?
- UI students who are engaged report greater feelings of connection to other students, faculty, staff, and others in the university community.
- Students who are engaged also tend to be more successful in the classroom, and learn valuable job skills that future employers are looking for in college graduates.
- Best of all, by getting involved, you will develop greater self-confidence while also meeting new people, and developing lifelong connections.
Fall 2021 events
Monday, August 23
- Iowa Memorial Union Open House: 11:00 am – 3:00pm
- At the IMU.
- Stop by to see what the IMU can do for you! Swipe your Hawk ID at several IMU locations to enter to win prizes, free giveaways, ice cream, and receive e-mails to learn more about how the IMU can help you succeed at Iowa!
- Learn more here
Tuesday, August 24
- Engagement Advising Pop-Up Meetings: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Iowa Memorial Union, South Lobby
- Getting involved on campus or in the community is the surest way to find your home away from home while at the University of Iowa. Best of all, by getting involved, you will develop greater self-confidence while also meeting new people, and developing lifelong connections. Make sure to check out the Engagement Advising Pop Up Shop, to get started today!
Wednesday, August 25
- Student Employment Job Fair: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- This is a fair for students looking for part time employment through the University of Iowa, visit: https://careers.uiowa.edu/student-employment-job-fair for more information about the fair and some great tips to help you be successful! Come find a great part time position on Wednesday, August 25, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm in the Main Lounge of the Iowa Memorial Union.
Thursday, August 26
- FSL MGC Week – Paint with MGC: 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Iowa Memorial Union, Hawkeye Room
- This event is meant to welcome all students and introduce them to current Multicultural Greek Council organization members. We will be having casual music playing, and you can paint a pot and take home a friendly succulent to make your place more green! We ask to come with ideas on how to paint your pot!
Friday, August 27
- Class of 2024 Welcome Event: 6:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Hubbard Park
- The class of 2024 is invited to join us for a welcome event on Friday, Aug. 27, 6:30-11 p.m. at Hubbard Park. We'll have food, music, yard games, activities, photo opportunities, a movie, and snacks. Those in the class of 2024 will receive more information soon. See you there!
- PHC Recruitment
- Various Times and Locations
- Panhellenic Primary recruitment is the formal joining process for the Panhellenic Council sororities. This process takes place over two weekends and provides participants the opportunity to meet all the Panhellenic chapters on campus. Registration is required and more information can be found at https://fsl.uiowa.edu/join/phc/
Saturday, August 28
- BIJOU Free Late-Night Movie: 10:00 pm
- Film Scene at The Chauncey
- Join BIJOU for a FREE late-night movie at FilmScene at the Chauncey. UI students should be prepared to show their student ID.
- CAB, Grocery BINGO: 7:00pm
- Iowa Memorial Union
- Join the University of Iowa Campus Activities Board as we test our luck in BINGO! Whether it is a vertical, X, or black out, everyone has the opportunity to win great prizes! Bring a friend and enjoy the snacks and drinks as you wait for your chance to yell "BINGO!"
Sunday, August 29
- FSL MGC Field Day: noon – 2:30 pm
- Hubbard Park
- Who misses Field Day? We sure do, get to know Hubbard Park and members of the Multicultural Greek Council playing 21 questions with a beach ball, or fly a kite with us! Our last day of our welcome back week events, we would love to meet you all!
Monday, August 30
Tuesday, August 31
- Cedar Rapids Kernels Game: 6:30 pm
- Veterans Memorial Stadium, Cedar Rapids
- Join us at the Cedar Rapids Kernel Baseball game, free tickets will be provided on a first come, first serve basis to the first 100 students. Tickets can be picked up beginning Monday, August 23rd while supplies last from the Dean of Students office located in the IMU between 8:30am - 5pm.
- Dance Marathon Campaign Kickoff: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Iowa Memorial Union
- Come join Dance Marathon, the University's largest student organization, as we kickoff the campaign for our 28th year. Hear from one of our amazing Dance Marathon families, play yard games, grab some snacks, and discover everything that DM28 has in store!
Wednesday, September 1
- Student Organization Fair: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Hubbard Park
- There is no better place to get involved at the University of Iowa than to check out the Student Involvement Fair in Hubbard Park, Wednesday, September 1 from 6:00-8:00pm. Whether it's a volunteer opportunity, sports club, or anything in between -- there's bound to be something for you! Nearly 300 registered student organizations and community nonprofits are ready to engage you in campus activities and volunteer opportunities. Come enjoy free popcorn and connect with our community! Also do not miss out on donating blood with the UI DeGowin Blood Center, checking out some student bands with Scope Production's Battle of the Bands, or some amazing local food trucks!
Sponsored by: Leadership, Service, and Civic Engagement, Student Engagement and Campus Programs, and Fraternity and Sorority Life.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Jamarco Clark in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.